Posted 12/31/2016 | GOTR
PART-TIME PROGRAM MANAGERS (JOHNSON COUNTY AREA and LINN COUNTY AREA)
Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa (GOTREI), a 501(c)3 serving girls throughout eastern Iowa is seeking TWO dynamic, professional, and creative Program Managers (part-time/hourly). One Program Manager will serve Johnson, Washington, Iowa and Jefferson Counties; the other Program Manager will serve Linn, Buchanan and Benton Counties. The Program Managers must be creative, can-do problem solvers who enjoy a bit of healthy chaos. The Program Managers report to our executive director and will work as a team to help administer the Girls on the Run program to 30+ area schools each season. The Program Manager must possess a passion for the GOTR mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Outreach and Site Management:
- Achieve program goals with respect to number of girls and number of sites
- Work with Executive Director (ED) to identify, reach out to, and follow up with potential new sites according to strategic program plan
- Coordinate existing and new sites, generating innovation and improvement as needed for program coordination; inform and train sites on policies and procedures and assist ED with enforcing all current site policies and procedures
- Conduct community outreach and attend community meetings to promote program and advocate and generate visibility and support for GOTREI mission, vision and goals
- Promote program in ways that are inclusive of all demographics
- Cultivate strong relationships with coaches, parents, participants, volunteers, and donors and sponsors along with ED.
Coach Management and Training:
- Ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches through ongoing recruitment
- Plan, organize and implement an engaging and informative training experience for coach training with assistance from ED, including location, date, time, agenda and training materials
- Ensure that background checks are completed by all volunteer coaches and community running buddies every 2 years.
- Assist coaches in recruiting and organize Running Buddies each season for practice 5Ks and the end-of-season 5K
- Recruit, interview, place, train, support and inspire program management intern(s) and program volunteers, working together to schedule and conduct site visits (1-2 per season) and provide meaningful feedback for each team
- Enforce all current coaching policies and procedures and generate continuous improvement
- Manage distribution of coach and program curriculum, materials, supplies and resources
- Assist with utilizing program resources in a fiscally responsible manner
- Data collection & information management of rosters, girls, numbers & revenue
- Manage all program-related paperwork
- Assist as directed with annual events, such as the Girls on the Run Fall 5K and fundraising events; serve on 5k committee for your program management area
- Work with ED to maintain a positive social media presence and maintain relevant website pages
- BA or BS degree
- Be a positive role model for health and self-esteem
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
- Outstanding relationship-building skills and the ability to respond quickly and empathetically to volunteer coaches and sites and generate win-win solutions
- Ability to travel within assigned territory using a personal vehicle (Johnson, Iowa, Washington and Jefferson Counties; also meetings and events in Linn County)
- Computer competence, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, data management and email
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable and personable
- Creative problem solving skills
- A fun-maker!
- Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
- Experience with Girls on the Run (or other similar youth or wellness programs)
- Volunteer management experience
- Fundraising experience
- Connections to the local community
Email resume and cover letter with the subject line "Program Manager Application" to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Executive Director, Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa, PO Box 3222, Iowa City, IA 52244 by January 20, 2017.
All positions with GOTR are pending a valid background check and reference checks. This job description materially represents the responsibilities of the position; however, the Program Manager may be asked to perform other job-related tasks not specifically presented in this job description.
Girls on the Run is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis ofgender, race, ethnicity, creed, religion, political position, disability, or sexual orientation.