PART-TIME PROGRAM MANAGER (JOHNSON COUNTY AREA)
Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa (GOTREI), a 501(c)3 serving girls throughout eastern Iowa, is seeking a dynamic, professional, and creative Program Manager (part-time/hourly) to help administer the Girls on the Run Program to 20+ sites in Johnson, Iowa, Washington and Jefferson Counties. The Program Manager must be a creative, can-do problem solver who enjoys a bit of healthy chaos. The Program Manager reports to our executive director and will work closely with our Linn, Buchanan, and Benton County Program Manager. The Program Manager must possess a passion for the GOTR mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health.
Girls on the Run (GOTR) is a life-changing, after-school program for girls in 3rd through 8th grade that uses the power of running to prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. Our mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. The GOTR program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Outreach and Site Management:
- Achieve program goals with respect to number of girls and number of sites
- Work with Executive Director (ED) to identify, reach out to, and follow up with potential new sites according to strategic program plan
- Coordinate existing and new sites, generating innovation and improvement as needed for program coordination; inform and train sites on policies and procedures and assist ED with enforcing all current site policies and procedures
- Conduct community outreach and attend community meetings to promote program and advocate and generate visibility and support for GOTREI mission, vision and goals
- Promote program in ways that are inclusive of all demographics
- Cultivate strong relationships with coaches, parents, participants, volunteers, and donors and sponsors along with ED.
Coach Management and Training:
- Ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches through ongoing recruitment
- Plan, organize and implement an engaging and informative training experience for coach training with assistance from ED, including location, date, time, agenda and training materials
- Ensure that background checks are completed by all volunteer coaches and community running buddies every 2 years.
- Assist coaches in recruiting and organize Running Buddies each season for practice 5Ks and the end-of-season 5K
- Recruit, interview, place, train, support and inspire program management intern(s) and program volunteers, working together to schedule and conduct site visits (1-2 per season) and provide meaningful feedback for each team
- Enforce all current coaching policies and procedures and generate continuous improvement
- Manage distribution of coach and program curriculum, materials, supplies and resources
- Assist with utilizing program resources in a fiscally responsible manner
- Data collection & information management of rosters, girls, numbers & revenue
- Manage all program-related paperwork
- Assist as directed with annual events, such as the Girls on the Run Fall 5K and fundraising events; serve on 5k committee for your program management area
- Work with ED to maintain a positive social media presence and maintain relevant website pages
- BA or BS degree
- Be a positive role model for health and self-esteem
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
- Outstanding relationship-building skills and the ability to respond quickly and empathetically to volunteer coaches and sites and generate win-win solutions
- Ability to travel within assigned territory using a personal vehicle (Johnson, Iowa, Washington and Jefferson Counties; also meetings and events in Linn County)
- Computer competence, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, data management and email
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable and personable
- Creative problem solving skills
- A fun-maker!
- Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
- Experience with Girls on the Run (or other similar youth or wellness programs)
- Volunteer management experience
- Fundraising experience
- Connections to the local community
Email resume and cover letter with the subject line "Program Manager Application" to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Executive Director, Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa, PO Box 3222, Iowa City, IA 52244 by January 20, 2017.
All positions with GOTR are pending a valid background check and reference checks. This job description materially represents the responsibilities of the position; however, the Program Manager may be asked to perform other job-related tasks not specifically presented in this job description.
Girls on the Run is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis ofgender, race, ethnicity, creed, religion, political position, disability, or sexual orientation.