Posted 10/18/2017 | GOTR
Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa is seeking a Program Coordinator or Program Manager (depending on experience of the candidate) based in Linn County.
The Program Coordinator/Manager (Linn, Buchanan and Benton Counties) must be a creative, can-do problem solver who enjoys a bit of healthy chaos. This role is responsible for administering the Girls on the Run program to 15-25 area schools each season. The successful candidate may be hired as either the Program Coordinator or Program Manager, dependent on the skills and experience they bring to the role. This is a part-time, hourly position.
Key Responsibilities include:
Program Outreach and Site Management:
Note: the following Program Outreach and Site Management responsibilities are reflective of the coordinator role. A Program Manager would be responsible for leading these initiatives).
- Work with supervisor to achieve program goals with respect to number of girls and number of sites
- Assist in the development of potential new sites according to strategic program plan
- Assist with the coordination of existing and new sites, inform and train sites on policies and procedures and assist supervisor with enforcing all current site policies and procedures
- Participate in community outreach and attend community meetings to promote program and advocate and generate visibility and support for GOTREI mission, vision and goals
- Promote program in ways that are inclusive of all demographics
- Cultivate strong relationships with coaches, parents, participants, volunteers, and donors and sponsors along with GOTR-EI team.
Coach Management and Training: (both coordinator and manager)
- Ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches through ongoing recruitment
- Plan, organize and implement an engaging and informative training experience for coach training with assistance from supervisor, including location, date, time, agenda and training materials
- Ensure that background checks are completed by all volunteer coaches and community running buddies every 2 years.
- Assist coaches in recruiting and organize Running Buddies each season for practice 5Ks and the season ending 5K
- Recruit, interview, place, train, support and inspire program management intern(s) and program volunteers, working together to schedule and conduct site visits (1-2 per season) and provide meaningful feedback for each team
Curriculum/Equipment/Resource Management (both coordinator and manager)
- Manage distribution of coach and program curriculum, materials, supplies and resources
- Assist with utilizing program resources in a fiscally responsible manner
Administrative (both coordinator and manager)
- Data collection & information management of rosters, girls, numbers & revenue
- Manage all program-related paperwork
- Assist as directed with annual events, such as the Girls on the Run Fall 5K and fundraising events; serve on 5k committee for your program management area
- Work with ED to maintain a positive social media presence and maintain relevant website pages
This is a part-time, hourly position. The Program Coordinator/Manager will work between 15-25 hours a week. Pay is $15.00 to $17.00 per hour, depending on role and experience. GOTR of Eastern Iowa does not provide benefits. Some nights and weekends required. You must have a valid Iowa driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- BA or BS degree
- Be a positive role model for health and self-esteem
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
- Outstanding relationship-building skills and the ability to respond quickly and empathetically to volunteer coaches and sites and generate win-win solutions
- Ability to travel within assigned territory using a personal vehicle (Linn, Buchanan and Benton Counties; also meetings and events in Johnson County)
- Computer competence, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, data management and email
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable and personable
- Creative problem solving skills
- A fun-maker!
- Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
- Experience with Girls on the Run (or other similar youth or wellness programs)
- Volunteer management experience
- Fundraising experience
- Connections to the local community
Considerations for Coordinator or Manager Role:
- Coordinator – previous experience in a non-managerial role, executing tasks that contribute to projects and/or teams.
- Manager – previous experience leading people and/or managing complex projects and systems that impact others.
Email resume and cover letter with the subject line "Program Manager/Coordinator Application" to email@example.com or mail to Executive Director, Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa, PO Box 3222, Iowa City, IA 52244 by November 6, 2017.
All positions with GOTR are pending a valid background check and reference checks. This job description materially represents the responsibilities of the position; however, the Program Manager may be asked to perform other job-related tasks not specifically presented in this job description.
Girls on the Run is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, creed, religion, political position, disability, or sexual orientation.